Monday, April 18, 2011

What If?

There's a man that I am falling in love with.  He is a kind, considerate, loving man, as well as a great father.  But I am afraid to give my heart away completely, for fear that it will be broken yet again.  What if he changes his mind and decides he doesn't want me in his life anymore?  What if he finds someone new?  Why must I have these "what ifs"?  Is it a safety mechanism, so that I can be somewhat prepared should it happen?  Would these "what ifs" make it any easier should that happen?  What if it DOESN'T happen, and he is the Prince Charming that I've dreamed of for a long, long time? 

I am reminded of movies that I've seen, where two people falling in love don't let each other know, for one reason or another, and they finally go their separate ways, never knowing of each other's feelings.  We cheer them on, cheering them to divulge their innermost feelings to each other, knowing, just knowing, that if they each knew the other person's feelings, all would be well and they would live happily ever after.

I want that 'happily ever after'.  I deserve it ~ everyone does.  I am falling for this man more and more and more every day.  Every conversation that we have, every time that we are together, my feelings only get stronger.  What if I am ready to love again?  What if he knew that...what if I were to tell him one day?

No comments:

Post a Comment